Chiddingfold Community Website
The Chiddingfold community website at www.chiddingfold.com provides up to date information on community groups, local businesses, the Parish Council, the Parish Magazine, the churches, medical services, sport, fitness and wellbeing, local events, local news and other useful information.
Chiddingfold Information Booklet
The Chiddingfold village Information Booklet can be found here. It was last published in 2019 and is now a little out of date. More up to date information can be found on the Chiddingfold community website at www.chiddingfold.com.
In addition to the local food shops (Robert Stores, Forrest Stores – Select and Save, R. G. Young & Son butchers, Broken Spur Garage Spar shop and Hambledon Village Shop) and the supermarkets in Haslemere and Godalming which offer deliveries and click & collect, there are Foodbanks in Haslemere and Godalming for those who are struggling to afford sufficient food.
The Foodbanks can deliver to those unable to travel to them. Foodbank vouchers can be obtained from the following Referral Agencies: The Chiddingfold Surgery, St. Mary’s School, St. Mary’s Church (email email@example.com), or St. Teresa’s Church (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Haslemere & District Foodbank operates out of the Haslemere Methodist church (only open on Wednesday and Friday mornings 10am-12pm) and has non-perishable food and essential toiletries donated by wonderful and supportive people all over this area. Donations to the Foodbank can be made at Haslemere Tesco, Sainsbury or Waitrose or left at the Haslemere Methodist church when the Foodbank is open.
The Godalming Foodbank can be contacted on 01483 418741 It is located at St Mark’s Community Centre, Franklyn Road, Godalming, Surrey GU7 2LD. Opening times: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30am to 2.00pm. (Please note this food bank uses different vouchers.)
Haslewey Community Meals Service
ONLY for Older / Vulnerable Residents who are unable to get out for food or are struggling to get healthy meals during this time. Haslewey Community Meals Service offer a hot, freshly cooked and healthy meal which is cooked on their premises, with optional afternoon tea, five days per week. There is also an option to request frozen meals for weekends and bank holidays. If you would like to explore this option or know anyone who could benefit from this service, please contact email@example.com or 07921 457856.
Temporary opening hours: 9-6pm every weekday and 9-5pm on Sat. Closed all day Sunday.
Note: Limit of 2 people inside at one time, markers on the floor to keep 2 metres apart.
Boots offer an online service for repeat prescriptions, with free delivery, at: www.boots.com/online/pharmacy/ They also do a Thursday delivery service for anyone vulnerable who needs it. Please request this service over the phone: 01428 682011.
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) – Waverley
If Coronavirus has impacted your work, benefits or ability to pay your bills, the Waverley Citizens’ Advice Bureau (CAB) are available to discuss these issues. CAB helps people to resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers. They operate from four offices across Waverley – Cranleigh, Farnham, Godalming and Haslemere. Visit their website at waverleycab.org.uk or you can visit, phone or email.
For free and independent advice contact them Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm:
Email: waverleycab.org.uk/enquiry-form (email form)
Adviceline: 0344 848 7969 (The system may ask you to leave a message. An adviser will call you back.)
Waverley Borough Council:
- Bins – missed collections: www.waverley.gov.uk/missedbin
- Bonfires: waverley.gov.uk/bonfires
- Business Rates – General: www.waverley.gov.uk/Services/Business-and-licensing/Business-rates
- Business Rate Support / Grants: www.waverley.gov.uk/Services/Benefits-and-community-support/Coronavirus-COVID-19/Information-for-businesses/Coronavirus-business-grants
- Council Tax Support and other benefits: www.waverley.gov.uk/Services/Benefits-and-community-support/Benefits
- Community support helpline: 0300 200 1008
- Covid-19 support advice: www.waverley.gov.uk/Services/Benefits-and-community-support/Coronavirus-COVID-19
- Emergency contacts: www.waverley.gov.uk/Services/Benefits-and-community-support/Emergencies-in-Waverley
- Financial Support Advice: www.waverley.gov.uk/Services/Benefits-and-community-support/Coronavirus-COVID-19/Information-for-residents/Financial-support-for-residents
- Stay at Home local shop and business directory by Business Waverley: www.businesswaverley.co.uk/en-GB/topic/Stay-at-Home-Directory/60059aefdd9dec16689e1fe1
- Waverley latest News: www.waverley.gov.uk/Council-updates/Read-our-latest-news
- Waverley Newsletter sign up: www.waverley.gov.uk/Council-updates/Newsletter-sign-up
Other useful information – A to Z
Government advice (including education & financial support): www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Government national guidance: www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home
Kings College London/NHS Zoe COVID-19 Symptom Study & Research: covid.joinzoe.com/
World Health Organisation: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019